BYU MOBILE APP COMPETITION FINALS
Friday, February 28
One of the most popular events on campus, the final event of the Mobile App Competition is your chance to:
- Check out the COOL APPS that your BYU student peers have created
- Make your voice heard in the AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD voting
- Win an IPAD MINI in the door prize
For more information about the competition visit http://mobileapp.byu.edu/.
Utah Startup Marketplace
Wed, Feb 12th
10am – 1pm
Wilk Garden Garden
Utah Startup Marketplace is a unique, targeted career fair for startup companies. Here are five reasons why this is a can’t miss opportunity:
- Get a job or internship at a cool, fast-growing, and dynamic company
- Go from another face in the crowd to making a difference on the front lines
- Broaden your skill set by wearing multiple hats
- Work alongside top management
- Build your resume and network, network, network
More information about the event, including a list of the companies and opportunities, can be found at usm.byu.edu.
The registration deadline for BYU’s Mobile App Competition is TONIGHT before midnight. $15,000 in cash and prizes is up for grabs! Find out more about the competition or register now here http://bit.ly/1evM9Hv.
What: Mobile App Competition Kickoff
When: Thursday, December 05; 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Where: W410 TNRB
The BYU Mobile App Competition, hosted by the Rollins Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology, is all set to kick off! The competition is a chance for you to:
- showcase your already polished skills as a mobile app developer,
- continue to hone your current skills, or
- expand your repertoire into this popular space!
More than $15,000 in cash and prizes will be awarded during the competition! Be sure to attend the kickoff so you can learn more about the rules and the structure of the competition. All of the major mobile OS’s are welcome (i.e., iOS, Android, and Windows Phone). Learn more about the competition at - http://mobileapp.byu.edu/.
Thursday evening at 5pm in W310 TNRB we will also be holding a special iOS App Development Presentation with Dave DeLong, BYU alumnus and co-founder of the BYU CocoaHeads club. Dave currently works at Apple as an App Frameworks Evangelist. The topic of the presentation will be “Environmentally Friendly Apps.” The event is open to all and will include time for Q&A. If you have specific questions you’d like Dave to know about ahead of time, please send them to email@example.com. Pizza will be served to all who attend!
On December 9-10, the biggest names in the Lean Startup world, plus dozens of terrific speakers you don’t know with must-hear advice, and more than a thousand entrepreneurs will gather at The Lean Startup Conference in San Francisco. The Web Startup Group was named an official simulcast partner for Lehi, Utah and will stream the entire event at 3400 North Ashton Blvd, #150, Lehi, UT 84043, free of charge.
Brimming with founder stories you’ve never heard, fresh case studies and in-depth expert advice you can use immediately, the conference delivers advanced lessons in entrepreneurship. Whether you’re new to Lean Startup methods or have been putting these practices to use in your organization, this event promises to educate and inform. The Lean Startup Conference brings together leaders from startups, Fortune 500 companies, government agencies and non-profit organizations to share lessons for building innovative lean organizations. More than 70 entrepreneurswill share their first-hand experiences, including:
- Marc Andreessen, co-founder and general partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- Kent Beck from Facebook, expert on product development, and a creator of Agile programming
- Cindy Alvarez, head of user experience and product design for Yammer (a Microsoft company)
- Steve Blank, serial entrepreneur, author, lecturer at Stanford
- Catherine Bracy, Code for America’s director of organizing and engagement
- Eric Ries, author of The Lean Startup
While knowledge about the science of entrepreneurship has gone global, startup ecosystems are always local. Come to 3400 North Ashton Blvd, #150, Lehi, UT 84043 at 8:00 AM to meet fellow entrepreneurs interested in creating and managing successful startups.
Parking is free, and there are multiple restaurant options nearby for lunch. If you have additional questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All are invited. We look forward to seeing you there!
- The Web Startup Group
Grab your free tickets below…